The plumber and Kevin climbed under the house together. Once they came out, he gave us an estimate of $1000 to replace a majority of the pipes (which needed done) and Kevin said he wanted to talk to me about it and we'd call them back. After he left, Kevin went to Lowes to price the materials. It came to just over $100. He said he knew exactly what needed to be done, and felt confident he could do it... it would just a lot of hard work and time. I told him if he was up for it, then do it - I'm always up for saving money!
I didn't anticipate how bad my house would start smelling. The first reason why it smelled so bad was I couldn't do dishes for 3 days. I cooked all day Tuesday and half of Wednesday, but by dinner Wednesday I was completely out of clean pots and pans. We had Little Caesars for dinner Wednesday (and it was delicious!). Thursday for lunch I fixed the kids PB on paper plates and I used my last clean cookie sheet to make bagel bites for dinner (served on paper plates). The second reason my house smelled so bad... Kevin cut that old pipe last night around 4. His first cut was easy - nothing came out and the line was dry. His second cut, he found the clog! Not only did he find the clog, but he was soaked from head to toe in the nasty water/food that had been backed up. That smell came right up into the house and I was gagging!!! I lit a candle and that helped a bit. Kevin, with the help of my Dad, and our neighbors tools, got done last night right before 7:30. I was able to do one load of dishes last night, another this morning, and get all my pots and pans hand washed! I have never been so excited to do dishes in all my life. No more stinky house and this pregnant girl is Happy about that!
| Little Caesars 3 meat pizza and cheesy bread! $12 and delicious! |
No comments:
Post a Comment