I've been wanting a new rug for our family room. Nothing fancy, but something more neutral than the paisley brown/orange/red rug we had before. It went well with our old couch and loveseat set, but didn't coordinate with the set we bought a year and a half ago. I just couldn't stand spending $70+ on a plain rug! I was doing my weekly grocery shopping at Aldi and by the registers I saw rugs for $19.99! They look like a plain piece of carpet, but that's exactly what I was looking for! They were 5'x7' and I couldn't remember what size I had at home, so I went home to measure to make sure it was the same size before I loaded one in my car.
Sure enough, it was the size I needed! I went back that afternoon and bought one. The kids thought it was the grandest purchase. They danced, hopped, laid, and ran all over the rug. Who knew they would be so excited about something so little!
I also found this little step stool at Aldi. My mom has one like it, but green, and Hayden loves it! I bought him one and it was just as big of a hit as the new rug. It actually became the source of all kids of fights (b/c Hayden nor Allie wanted to share) so I went back and bought a 2nd stool (they were only $5.99). Two great finds at Aldi! I love their random house hold items!
No comments:
Post a Comment