barn sale

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stick Bouquets

Last week I was browsing my sister's fun/on top of it/creative/wonderful blog.  I happened to notice a stick bouquet she had made for a baby shower she threw for a coworker.  As I was looking at the pictures and cursing her (not really... ok maybe a little), I sent her a text telling her I was sooooo bummed she beat me to making these!!!  I few weeks ago I found this idea on a blog I read.  I thought they were so fun and would be a cheap addition to my decor at home.  I thought I was really going to wow everyone with how cute and crafty they were... snooze you lose I guess! 

However, I'm still happy with them and feel like they are blog worthy!  I made both bouquets for $6!!!  I got the vases at Goodwill for $1.99 each.  Kevin had the yellow spray paint and painted them for me (they were clear).  Me and the kids picked up sticks in the yard (and they had waaaay too much fun doing this).  Then while my mom was out running errands, I mentioned I was looking for some little yellow flowers I could cut apart.  She brought me some from Gordmans for $1.99!  They were perfect.  I actually LOVE how bright and springy these are!  If you're looking for a quick and cheap decorating idea, look no further!



1 comment:

  1. We think alike :) Love the way that yours turned out... perfect addition to your mantle for spring. Good idea sis!! Oh and thanks for the bloggy love too!!

    ReplyDelete