barn sale

Monday, March 12, 2012

1st Sewing Project

Back in December I found an adorable shirt while thrifting.  It had both arm pits ripped out along the stitch line, but my mom said it would be easy to sew.  I loved the bright colors and the fact it was a "wrinkle free" shirt, so for $2.50 I couldn't pas it up!
Last night I sewed up the pits.  I didn't take any pictures of my stitches because they weren't the greatest, but once it's on you can't tell!  I'm so excited to wear this shirt!  Its one of the few shirts I have that isn't maternity, but still fits (and I'm hoping it fits another month or so)!

Okay, so the best part about this shirt... after I fixed it and tried it on, I kept thinking, "Man, this feels like a nice shirt!  I wonder what stores sell this brand because I need to go buy more!"  (And I'm a HUGE fan of things I don't have to iron).  The brand is FoxCroft.  I googled it and stores like Nordstroms came up in my search!  These shirts sell for $70-80 new!  I can't believe I got it for $2.50!!!  This has inspired me to go thrifting again... this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment