I have REALLY been wanting hot ham and cheese sandwiches! They sound good about every day for lunch, and even for dinner, but I try to limit myself to one a day. I had heard you weren't supposed to eat lunch meat while you are pregnant and I wondered just how true that was. (I just avoided it my first 2 pregnancies because it never really sounded good anyways.) I did some investigating and found out about a little bacteria called Listeria. The article said several thousand people get very sick from this bacteria every year, but women that are pregnant have the worst complications (miscarriage, preterm labor, or even death - yikes!). BUT if you heat your lunch meat until it's steaming, that will kill the bacteria and it's safe to eat! Good thing I like HOT ham and cheese and not cold ham and cheese!!! I feel safe to indulge in what Baby wants now :)
P.S. My all time favorite ham and cheese is from Sams Pizzeria on the west side. It's a little hole in the wall place but all the food is fantastic there!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment