barn sale

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Cleaning

With Spring officially starting tomorrow, I've gone crazy doing Spring cleaning around my house!  I made a long to do list this past weekend and got a lot accomplished!  My house hadn't been cleaned, at all, in the last 2-3 months.  I rarely vacuumed, and the only toys that got picked up were what I had Hayden clean up.  You can use your imagination as to how bad my house looked! 

I started with some little projects... clean my junk drawer, put away the kids winter clothes, clean the toilets and tubs.  All that was day 1.  The next day I was brave and moved my couch, loveseat, ottoman, and chair to clean out the toys (and food crumbs and cat hair balls) that had been shoved under them.  It took a good hour to do that!  Then I cleaned my windows.  I had no idea how dirty they were until they got cleaned!  My kitchen window was the worst!  I've now become obsessed with Windex and cleaning every window and mirror in my house!  I've actually done it twice already!  I also cleaned out our "pantry" so I didn't have extra food sitting on my counter. 

Today has been pretty easy.  I did some general picking up and catching up on things I've needed to do (like write thank you notes I should have written a month ago!)  I reorganized my bookshelf, and put all our DVDs in little containers I found at the Dollar Tree.  I have storage space in my china cabinet that we don't use, so I moved the DVDs there.  I wiped down my cabinets and I'm going to wet mop my floors after the kids go to bed this evening. 

Still on my to-do list, I want to clear out some of the kids toys!  I'd love to get rid of 1/2 of the toys that are invading our house.  I don't know how we accumulate so much.  I will probably buy a container and put some out in the garage so I can rotate what they have, but I'm going to get rid of at least 1 trash bag full.  I also REALLY want to go through my closet and take out things that I don't wear.  I don't know why I have a hard time getting rid of clothes I don't wear, but I do!  I keep thinking I'll wear them one day and a year passes and I still haven't worn them.  Time to purge!  Those are the two big things lingering that I need to get done.  I may start on the toys today, but I don't want to over due things with my back acting the way it has been.  Hope you all get time to clean and refresh your home this Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment