barn sale

Friday, March 30, 2012

HungryForChange


My mom sent me a link to a free internet video called Hungry For Change.  She said it was about 90 mins but really worth watching.  I thought I'd watch the 3 minute trailer and then decide for myself if I wanted to sit and watch it.  WOW!  I'm so glad I did!  Lately I've had these thoughts of eating natural, whole foods.  I know it would be better for me and my family, but I just feel overwhelmed not knowing where to start.  While I still don't have a how-to plan, I do have facts to back up why I need to be eating better!

*This video is only free to watch online until tomorrow, 3/31*
Here's the link to the website.  Watch the 3 minute trailer and decide if you're up for watching the 90 min video.  I had to do it after the kids went to bed. I'm hoping Kevin is off Saturday night and can watch the video.  I sent him a mile long text last night telling him how I was so impressed with this video.  I told him I'd like to, as a family, try this way of eating for 30 days and see how we feel and look and see if it's something we want to continue.  I have a feeling it will be... but I know we both need to be on board for it to fly!  (Kinda like we were about getting debt free!)

I did take notes during the video.... here are a few things I wrote down that I found interesting... (I have a whole page of notes!)
  • MSG is in 80% of processed foods and it is disguised by 50 different names.
  • The average American consumes 150lbs of sugar every year.  
  • As a society we are over fed, but under nourished and starving to death.
  • What we think of as "sugar" needs to be redefined.  Sugar is in our milk and our bread and everything we eat!
  • "Fat" use to be the enemy, so now everything is "fat-free".  The real enemy is sugar.  When something says it's fat-free, that usual means it's loaded with sugar.
The website also gives you a 10 step action plan to follow.  If Kevin does want to do this as a family, I'll be looking up and sharing lots of info with you all in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment