barn sale

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Puppy Chow -- Now!!

Okay so "Now" in the title just refers to how bad I want puppy chow!  I have a problem... a serious problem when I make this powdery little snack.  I don't stop eating it until I'm sick at my stomach or until it's all gone.  My sister sent me a Pinterest link for puppy chow cookies (which looked marvelous) several days ago but I was craving the real thing.  I had my 12 week check up on Monday and I promised myself I wouldn't make the puppy chow until AFTER my appointment.  (Knowing I have to weigh in makes me not want to pig out before I step on a scale!) 

Here's the recipe I use...
Puppy Chow:
9 C Rice Chex
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C peanut butter
1/4 C butter
1/4tsp vanilla
powdered sugar

Pour cereal in a large bowl.  Set aside.  Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in microwavable bowl.  Microwave 90 seconds or until smooth, stirring after 1 minute.  Stir in vanilla.

Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until all the pieces are evenly coated.  (It's really important to make sure the chocolate is evenly dispersed!) *Then pour cereal mixture into a large re-sealable plastic bag with powdered sugar.  Seal tightly and shake until all is coated.  Keep in a tightly covered container.

*One thing I do different than the recipe, I skip the plastic bag step.  I put my powered sugar into my container and shake it in that!  The kids loooove helping shake it and they think they've really done something big when they help me in the kitchen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment