barn sale

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Our Sale

We just finished our 2nd two day yard sale for this year!  If you all thought I dropped off the face of the earth, I wish I actually would have!  It was a busy and tiring past few days - but I made a couple hundred dollars so I shouldn't really be complaining!  The best news I have to share from the last 2 days would be my wonderful yard sale finds today!  I left mom and Tyler to run the sale this morning while I went out to hit up a few sales myself.  I was on the hunt for Hayden some clothes and still haven't had much luck finding what I'm looking for.  BUT, Allie fared very well today!  I was the 1st person at a sale this morning and the woman had a table of kids clothes.  I ended up with both arms tucked full of clothes and you won't believe what I paid for them.......... here's the pic...
(The bottom 4 things - sweater, onesie, dress, and pjs were from another sale today, but I paid $3 for those 4 items.)  The green winter jacket, 6 outfits (tops & bottoms), a onesie, a pair of jeans, and a pair of fleece pjs... all for $4.50.  I gave her $5 and told her to keep the change.  Are you sick of reading about my yardsale finds yet?  Well, bad news, I'm not sick of finding good deals yet!

I went shoe shopping for Hayden and the only pair I even half way liked were $40.  Kevin told me to stop being such a tight wad, so I may come around, but after getting ALL those clothes for $8, I'm having a hard time paying that much for 1 pair of tennis shoes~  I did splurge and buy him a brand new pair of jeans from Old Navy tonight.  Hopefully we'll find some shoes this weekend that are a tad cheaper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment