Hello all :) We just got home from a fun 24 hour get-away. We stayed the night at my parents cabin in Christmas Lake Village. After doing some late night yard sale shopping on Friday, we went back to the cabin and roasted hot dogs and made s'mores. I think I ate 4 s'mores but who is counting?
We woke up before the sun came up and joined forced with my brother and sister in law this morning. (BIG thanks to my parents for watching the kids - couldn't have shopped as much as we did if they hadn't helped us out. And Tyler for driving us 4 around.) I was, once again, on the hunt for clothes for Hayden. We didn't realize that lots of the yard sales were open on Friday, so next year we'll be up bright and early Friday shopping.... but, I still managed to find several good things for Hayden. For $26 I got Hayden 4 pair of jeans, 2 pair of khakis, 1 pair of navy blue dress pants, 1 pair of khaki cords, 6 long sleeve shirts, 2 short sleeve polos for next summer, 1 pair of shorts for next summer, 1 pair of swim trunks for next summer, and a pair of sandals for next summer! Whew!
My favorite find of the weekend was a twin bed for Allie. I know it's going to be 9-10 months before she needs it, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. I have plans for Kevin to repaint it... maybe hot pink :) We also managed to find a yellow and black Jeep stroller and guess who
had to have that... (Kevin). It is actually very nice, practically brand new, and MUCH nicer than the umbrella stroller we have now, I just like giving him a hard time. Kevin also got a Christmas present. It's a huge air compressor. I don't know anything about it, other than it was well over a thousand dollars new and we got it for a fraction of that cost. He did good. He also got some tools, which he says he needs. I am thinking next year it would be cheaper to leave Kevin at home with the kids.
We're all worn out, but it was worth it. Here's few pics of the people we shared the weekend with and the goods we brought home!
 |
| My brother, sister-in-law, and niece. |
 |
| My parents |
 |
| She likes wearing daddy's hat. |
 |
| Our 3rd (and best) attempt at a family picture. |
 |
| Kevin's new pride and joy. The air compressor. |
 |
| Allie's new bed, laying on it's side, with the drawers out. |
 |
| I LOVE the longer handles. I had to bend over to push my old umbrella stroller. |
 |
| That's my boy! |
 |
| My favorite of the 2 of them :) |
 |
| I tell Hayden "Ok, now don't smile" b/c that's the only way he will smile, but Addison actually listens and she was trying not to smile lol. |
 |
| Clothes for Hayden. |
Good finds! You forgot to shop for yourself :) Love Allie's bed with all those drawers underneath and it would look great hot pink maybe with painted or new hardware.
ReplyDeleteWell I wasn't really looking for myself since I just spent a chunk of change on a new skin care system this week :-X But I do intend to get new jeans in the next few weeks and maybe some new tops (if I go thrifting!) :)
ReplyDeleteI told Kevin I was interested in new hardware for it. I don't think we're even going to start working on it for 9-10 months or so. I do need to start finding cute ideas for little girl bedrooms though!