barn sale

Thursday, September 29, 2011

New Shoes

I was anxious all morning waiting to take Allie to her Orthopedic Surgeon.  Dr. Deppe has been wonderful and I really think he's done a great job with Allie.  I had in the back of my mind she could come home in casts today.  Of course, I was praying that wouldn't be the case, but last night I let her take an extra long bath (since she can't take a bath when she has casts), and I put her in a dress for her appointment today (b/c finding pants that fit over casts is virtually impossible!).  I had prepared myself for whatever news he delivered.  Just so happens, he only had good news for me today!  He said her feet look great.  They are still slightly turned it, but they are still very flexible and now is the time to let her wear normal tennis shoes and see how her feet grow (hoping that they will grow straight!).  Another big change, she doesn't have to wear her corrective shoes to bed anymore.  He told me she could wear the pair she has until she outgrows them, so I plan on doing that.  Our next appointment will be the middle of January, unless I see a noticeable change that requires a sooner visit. 

To celebrate the good news, I took Allie into Rieckens to get her a new pair of regular tennis shoes!  Kevin and I decided months ago that we will always spend the extra money to get Allie the top of the line shoes to support her feet.  So, here's what we bought...

I think they will look cute with jeans :)  All her other shoes have tied, so she is fascinated with the velcro.  She also took off running in the store, so I think she will have no problem breaking them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment