barn sale

Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Later

'Where were you when the world stopped turning, that September day?'
I had just walked to my 3rd period class, yearbook, and the class before had left the tv on showing footage of what all was happening in Manhattan.  I kept seeing pictures of the first tower that had collapsed and I just didn't understand it all.  It was too much for my naive mind to process.  Why would anybody do such a thing?  The whole day at school was spent watching tv coverage of all that was going on.  I helped organize a "See ya at the pole" after school and we all held hands around the flag pole and prayed for all the people affected and killed by this tragedy.  I remember the days following everyone wanted to help.  People were talking about giving blood, donating things, & joining the military. 

I just read the People magazine about the 10 kids who lost their father before they were born.  Being a mother now, I just can't fathom being pregnant and dealing with the death of your husband.  That was just 10 stories.  I'm sure the other 2,956 stories are just as heart-breaking.

I do take comfort in knowing this is all part of God's plan.  What is impossible for us to understand is not for God.  All his ways are good.  The terrorist that carried out these actions are suffering in Hell for eternity.  Allah was not there to rescue them from the wrath of my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment