barn sale

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lemon Garlic Tilapia

It's no secret I'm a picky eater. I don't want to be, but I really don't want to try new foods either... so I'm stuck. I told Kevin when I was planning our menu for the month I was going to try fish 2 times this month. Gulp. I'm gagging now thinking about fish. I'm the adult here, right? Okay, so after getting some feedback on facebook, I decided to prepare a baked tilapia. Here's how I did it (thanks Maria Thombleson):


Lemon Garlic Tilapia
Ingredients
4 tilapia fillets
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 clove garlic, finely chopped (I used garlic salt)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
pepper to taste

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Rinse tilapia fillets under cool water, and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place fillets in baking dish. Pour lemon juice over fillets, then drizzle butter on top. Sprinkle with garlic, parsley, and pepper.
4. Bake in preheated oven until the fish is white and flakes when pulled apart with a fork, about 30 minutes.

This was so easy to prepare! Kevin tried the 1st bite. He went on and on about how it was the best baked fish he'd ever had in his life. I told him to get the camera and get a picture of me trying it b/c these big events don't happen every day!



Can you tell from the last pic what I thought of it? I swallowed the first bite. It wasn't as fishy as I was expecting. The consistency was different. I liked the flavor of the lemon and garlic though (I just wished it was on chicken!). Then I ate like 2 more bites. I didn't think the last bite was going to make it down, so I called it quits. I think next time I'll try something breaded. Maybe it will help hide that soft squishy consistency. Kevin raved about this recipe though. If you like fish, eat your heart out!

3 comments:

  1. You look like me when I have tried fish! I am not a fan either....I don't like the texture or the taste. I may have to try doing that with chicken and with fish for Alan sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre hilarious!! love the pic

    ReplyDelete