Last month my favorite blogger (Angela Coffman @ The Grocery Shrink) put out a challenge in an email she sent out. It was a challenge to make a huge push with your frugal lifestyle. Just so happens, last month was our first month to get back on track. I knew our biggest area of savings was food. I was so excited to email her our results! (Let's be honest, it was a BIG motivator for me! Those Fudge Stripe cookies were calling my name every time I went to the darn store... but I told myself no every time I walked by! I didn't want to say I spent $3+ on cookies. You should have seen my reaction when Kevin came home with ice cream sandwiches [$3.98] when I sent him for sugar!)
So today, I did it. I emailed her what we spent our groceries in July (over $1000) and what we spent on groceries in August ($246.31). You know how you email/mail a famous person and you don't expect to ever really hear back from them? (Flashback to me writing Oprah when I was like 10 asking her for a pet monkey - true story!) Well, SHE emailed me back... the same day I emailed her!
Before closing her email, she said she was going to check my blog out. You know that feeling when someone calls to say they are going to stop by and you/your house isn't really ready for presentation? That's kinda how I felt! I was like "Oh no, I don't have enough creative, unique posts yet! Ahhh!" But I think it's so cool she looked at MY blog! Wow- little ol' me! I know my sis got to see the Judds at the airport a few days ago, but this is like major celebrity status in my book! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment