Okay, so back to my story. I called my mom tonight to tell her that I, her daughter, ate a black bean quesadilla, and LIKED it! I may have even loved it. Kevin and the kids did for sure. It was the easiest recipe I think I've ever made in my life. Therefore, I must share.
Black Bean Quesadillas
30oz black beans, rinsed and drained
1C Salsa (I used Great Value Medium Chunky)
1/8 C Taco Seasoning
8 Quesadilla shells
Mexican Cheese

Preheat oven to 375*. Put the beans, salsa, & taco seasoning in the food processor. Process until it's a paste (see pic below). Lay 4 tortilla shells on a cookie sheet. Spread bean mix over the whole shell. Top with remaining tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake 10-15 mins.
We topped ours with sour cream and ortega taco sauce.

30oz black beans, rinsed and drained
1C Salsa (I used Great Value Medium Chunky)
1/8 C Taco Seasoning
8 Quesadilla shells
Mexican Cheese
Preheat oven to 375*. Put the beans, salsa, & taco seasoning in the food processor. Process until it's a paste (see pic below). Lay 4 tortilla shells on a cookie sheet. Spread bean mix over the whole shell. Top with remaining tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake 10-15 mins.
We topped ours with sour cream and ortega taco sauce.
I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of them after they were done, but I had 2 hungry kids pulling on my legs and crying (no exaggeration) and it just didn't cross my mind till I had eaten most of mine! This is going to be a meal we have once a month at our house. Its a cheap/wonderful meatless meal! I may let Kevin make them next time.
p.s. I also used my leftover homemade quesadilla shells from our breakfast burritos for this recipe! I just love meal planning!
p.s. I also used my leftover homemade quesadilla shells from our breakfast burritos for this recipe! I just love meal planning!
Looks dood! Let's come up with a new name for paste and these would sound even more appetizing!
ReplyDeleteLol. I had to laugh at the foods you wouldnt try like ketchup, onions, and beans. I never would have guessed it!! We're not real big on beans here either. I might make a pot of great northern beans and ham once a year, but we all LOVE black beans. I make a burrito pie that calls for them and a couple other recipes too.
ReplyDelete