While we were in Destin, we ate at the Cheeseburger In Paradise. Our server was telling us about the sweet potato chips and I assured him I wouldn't like them because I don't like sweet potatoes - and I ordered fries with my meal. While we were waiting on the food, our server brought out a small bowl of chips he just wanted us to sample. It was free food, and I was hungry, so I tried one, then another, and I ended up eating every one he brought out! They were SO GOOD!
I was excited we had a Cheeseburger In Paradise here because I thought it may become one of my new favorite snacks. Well, I was majorly disappointed when I tried Evansvilles.... they didn't have the seasoning on the chips like they did in Destin. (I'm thinking I'll give them another try and maybe ask that they add the seasoning to them?) But in the meantime, I got out the mandolin cutter my SIL gave me, bought some sweet potatoes, and tried to make some myself!
I sliced the sweet potatoes as thin as I could, laid them out on a baking sheet, sprayed them with olive oil and sprinkled them with sea salt and Mrs. Dash table blend. I baked them at 350* for 15 minutes. Then, I took them out of the oven and sprayed and sprinkled them again and baked them another 10 minutes. The ones that didn't burn were a bit chewy. They had a good taste though. Kevin thinks we need to try the recipe again but put them in our fry daddy. He likes frying things so I'll leave attempt #2 up to him!
 |
| The things I used - minus the Mrs. Dash - that was a last minute idea. |
 |
| Before baking. |
 |
| After the first round in the oven. |
 |
| All done... some were a little too brown to eat! |
No comments:
Post a Comment