barn sale

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Only When I'm Pregnant - 24 Weeks

Goodbye second trimester!  I've really enjoyed the last 12 weeks of pregnancy.  Overall I felt great, slept great, had exciting doctor's appointments - and my oh my the time has flown by!  I'm already thinking ahead to the birth - what will be different, will the baby look like Hayden or Allie, will "it" be a girl or boy.  I still haven't felt the rush to kick Allie out of her room and get the baby's room ready, although Allie is really excited and ready to move into Hayden's room.  Maybe when I reach the 30's (meaning weeks) I'll get things in gear. 

As of yesterday, I am up 23lbs.  Could be better, could be worse.  I remember how upset I was about the weight I gained with Hayden - and I was a little upset too when pregnant with Allie - but I've lost all the weight I gained both times, so I keep reminding myself it's only temporary.

I've been going absolutely crazy for caramel corn.  I have my glucose test today and my doctor advised me not to over due the sugar a few days prior to the test........ so I've eaten just about everything in sight to get my mind off caramel corn, but it's not working.  Momma wants caramel corn!  You'd think I'd plan on making it today, but I found a recipe for a giant chocolate chip cookie that is supposed to taste similar to Great American Cookies cookie cakes, so me and the kids are trying that tonight.  (If it's worthy of sharing the recipe, I absolutely will!)

Still dealing with some sciatic pain (usually in the mornings and evenings).  My uterus is the size of a soccer ball this week!  That's getting pretty big!  The baby weighs over a pound and from head to rear is about 12 inches long - no wonder I can feel these kicks a lot more!  OH, and Kevin felt the baby move for the first time Saturday night.  That's always fun for the both of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment