I had been asking Kevin for the last couple weeks how he wanted to spend his Father's Day. He decided he wanted to go fishing. My parents had made plans to go to Christmas Lake and cook lunch, so we decided to join them, and my brother and his family, and do some fishing.
We got up there before anyone else did (we went to church the night before) and I'm glad we got there when we did! The fish were biting!!! I caught the first fish - a small bass. Shortly after, Hayden screams, "I GOT ONE!" He says this about every 2 minutes when we're fishing so I just looked back and was
going to say "Oh yea, keep reeling it in," BUT his pole was all the way bent over and I said, "Kevin, I think he really has one!!!" Sure enough, he did! It was a good size one too. Then he caught another one, just like the first one. We think they were rock bass. Never heard of them, but Kevin googled them and it's what they looked like. Then Kevin caught his one and only catch of the day, a little sun fish. Then I caught the biggest fish of the day, another bass, about 2 1/2lbs! It was a fun Father's Day and I hope we make fishing a yearly tradition on that day!
 |
| Hayden with catch #1 |
 |
| Hayden with catch #2 |
 |
| Kevin requested strawberry pretzel salad - his favorite dessert! |
Hayden looks so proud! :) Mom
ReplyDelete