barn sale

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No More Yubbie

I had been dreading the day that I took away Allie's paci, or "yubbie", as she calls it.  About the time she turned one, I only let her have one at nap time and bed time.  Hayden just gave his up on his own at 13 months, but Allie was very very attached.  I decided last week was the week!  We had a busy Memorial Day weekend, but that next Tuesday, I rounded all of them up and put them in the top of her closet.  The first day during nap time went better than I planned.  She asked for her yubbies, I told her no more yubbies b/c she's a big girl now - she fussed probably 10 minutes then went right to sleep.  Her normal naps are about 2 hours and this one lasted just over an hour.  I was slightly afraid for bedtime.... we went through the same drill as nap time - she asked, I said no.  Again, after about 10 minutes, she went right to sleep.  I went to bed early that night preparing myself for a long night.  Allie woke me up at 5:30am (which is about 90 mins earlier than she normally wakes up), but I couldn't believe she slept all night!  The following days weren't any harder.   Tuesday (one week later) was the first nap time and bed time she laid right down with out a peep.  All these months I'd been dreading this were for nothing! 

I'm hoping her front teeth straighten out a little bit and her little lisp gets better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment