barn sale

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sock-it-to-me-cake

This recipe is my moms - I've just made a few slight changes!  I remember her making this some mornings and I LOVED it!  Now my kids get to enjoy it :)


Sock-it-to-me-cake
1 package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (or butter cake mix if you like that, but I don't)
1 C sour cream
1/3 C oil
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C water
4 eggs
Filling:
4 Tbsp reserved cake mix
4 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp brown sugar
chopped peacans (option, but delicious!)
Glaze:
1 C powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 375*
Combine the filling ingredients and set aside.  (If you don't do this now, you'll forget to take out the 4 Tbsp cake mix!).  In a large bowl, blend cake mix, sour cream, oil, sugar, water, and eggs.  Beat at high speed for 2 mins.  Pour 1/2 the batter in a greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle half the filling over batter in pan.  Spread remaining batter over filling and top with remaining filling.
Bake for 35-45 mins.  (Mine baked for 38 mins).
Take out of the oven and let cool for 10-15 mins.  While cooling, make glaze.  Once the cake is not longer steaming hot, pour the glaze on.

This cake is delicious hot or cold. :)

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that your little Allie is a BIG fan of this cake!!

    ReplyDelete