barn sale

Thursday, May 10, 2012

TJ Update

I feel like our life is back to normal, and I'm out of the puppy funk I was in!  Whew!  I love having him outside for so many reasons - how about I just start listing them?!
  • He lets me know when anyone is around our house.  Whether it's the mail lady dropping off a box, or a neighbor coming over to say hi, TJ is always letting me know someone is here.
  • I don't have to constantly watch him.  When he was inside I was seriously watching his every move!  I do still check on him multiple times a day though.  
  • He loves being outside as much as I love having him outisde!  His first day out, about lunch time I started feeling bad for him so I thought I'd let him in, and he didn't want to come in!
  • I don't have to fret about things being on my floor.  Hayden's birthday presents have been scattered across the house, mostly on the floor, and I don't have to worry about things getting chewed up.
  • The cats are so much happier.  They aren't constantly being chased and  tormeneted by a fiesty pup.
  • Our porch is his throne.  I may have to give it a make over - doggy edition - once he's outside full time.  
He is still sleeping inside at night and he comes inside to eat.  Other than that, he's out all day.  We bought him some new toys to help keep him entertained (his favorite is playing fetch with a tennis ball).  He also loves digging in the yard.  He's only dug in the dirt and mulch, so once we get grass planted maybe that will stop?  Oh well, I think it's kinda cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment