barn sale

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kilwins

Our favorite stop on our whole trip was Kilwin's!  We went there three times during the course of the week!  Their ice cream is a-maz-ing!  They have displays full of chocolate covered everything, a dozen different types of fudge, and caramel apples topped several different ways!  It wasn't cheap, but it was so good it didn't matter!!!  Kevin got the same ol' boring vanilla ice cream every time we went.  The kids both got vanilla too (must take after their daddy)!  I got the chocolate ice cream the first trip.  The second trip I tried the salted caramel ice cream and it was so so so good.  I ended up getting it again on our last trip (along with a box full of fudge for the ride home)!




The kids ice cream came with 2 eyes on top :)

To sweeten the experience, on our first trip there, we were sitting at one of the only tables inside looking at pictures of their moose mascot with customers.  I was floored to see someone in one of the pictures I recognized!!!
It was my sister and her husband and her brother in law!  I called her when we left to tell her she was famous, and she didn't know her picture was hanging up there.  It was a neat surprise :)

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE Kilwins!! Glad you loved it too. Who knew I was famous?? Glad I could be in Destin with you :)

    ReplyDelete