barn sale

Monday, May 7, 2012

Birthday on a Budget

I decided this year that I need to keep the kids birthday's more simple.  It KILLS me to do this... you have no idea... I love to go all out.  I know it's what's best for me though, so that's why I'm adopting these new ways this year.  I had picked out several grand cake ideas to make for Hayden's birthday.  After thinking about it, I decided I'm just going to do cupcakes with a fish theme.  Hayden will be thrilled with the cupcakes, and I won't have to spend an entire day decorating a cake that I will appreciate more than anyone else. 

I also decided instead of cooking a meal here for the grandparents and other family, we'd go out to eat.  I did want to decorate the table and his chair, so I did a little shopping so it will still be festive, but inexpensive!  Hayden picked the Log Inn, so we'll head there tomorrow to celebrate my little guy turning 4 years old!  I think he's still going to love the day, but this year, I'll be able to enjoy it too :)
Wrapping paper, plates, and napkins came from the Dollar Tree.  I found the matching fish table cloth at Walmart for $3!  


I'm hoping our computer is working well enough that I'll be able to upload pictures from his birthday!  Check back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment