barn sale

Monday, May 21, 2012

Preparing to Leave

I had spent a lot of time planning and organizing for this vacation to Florida!  One thing I really wanted to do was keep my car some what organized.  I knew it would be packed full.  I also thought it would be helpful when someone asked for something if I could tell them exactly where it was... so... I made a basket or had a bag for everything - as you'll see!  
My seat cushions and a box of tissues for Kevin's drippy nose.
At my feet I had my camera, books to read, a note book that was packed full of notes (from our grocery list to recipes to addresses!), extra shirts for Allie in case she got car sick, and a roll of paper towels because I have 2 messy kids!
Behind our seats and at the kids feet were: a basket of (Dollar Tree) gifts to let the kids open through out the trip, a trash can (which I'm leaving in my car permanently!), 2 baskets of snacks (chips/goldfish in one & healthier stuff {applesauce, raisins, craisins} in the other).
Between the kids seats, I had a basket of books, toys, and DVDs.
We purchased a new car seat the day before we left.  We decided it would be a good idea for them both to have reclining car seats since we were leaving at night and wanting them to sleep comfortably.  We will be able to use this new seat when #3 gets here though, so that's why I was able to justify buying it!
This is the back of the car.  It may look chaotic, but everyone had their own bag(s), and things were placed in the back with some order.  All mine and Kevin's things were at the back because we knew we wouldn't need them until we got to Florida.  Allie and Hayden's things were all accessible just by opening the back hatch.  I also brought that large bed rail because we were hoping Allie would sleep in one of the two twin sized beds (which she did with no problems!).
Before we left I wrote out detailed instructions for the dog, cats, and  just general information.  I left out all the cleaners that may be needed and also treats and shampoo for the pup.   
Everyone went to bed at 7:30 the night we planned to leave.  I stayed up and finished packing and cleaning the house (who wants to come home to a dirty house!?). We backed out of the drive way at 12:10am (only 10 mins behind schedule)!  We stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel somewhere in Alabama (some nice man asked to buy our breakfast - we were shocked by his generosity - great way to start our vacation) and arrived in Destin right around 11 am on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment