- Kids don't do what you say, they do what you do.
- I love this for how true it is, but also hate it for how true it is.
- If you (or your kids) aren't exposed to it, you won't know what you're missing.
- This is SO TRUE! Just an example, I grew up never having cable tv. I have never seen an episode of the Brady Bunch or I Love Lucy or Bewitched, or all those other shows people use to watch. I definitely didn't feel like I was missing out though. Even now, since we cancelled our cable, people will say "Did you see that commercial for _____" and I just say, "No, we really don't watch much tv." I use to see commercials for restaurants and think, oh that sounds good, and I really don't want to cook dinner anyways, so lets eat out! I'm extra cautious about what my kids are exposed to, and I don't think that's a bad thing.
- Children can't appreciate abundance unless they know what enough is.
- I think as parents we want to give our kids an abundance of everything, but it seems like it will only set them up for a life of discontentment. If they are always given abundance, you are setting them up for an unappreciative heart. If you define what is enough for your family, and stick to that, and every so often give abundantly, your kids will really appreciate abundance!
- Teach children to find their identity in Christ, not things.
- All the Tim Tebow haters out there aren't going to like this reference, but, I think his parents did an exceptional job at this. He is a Christ follower, then an NFL quarterback.
barn sale
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Things to Ponder
I've run across a couple of great quotes/thoughts lately that have really made me ponder, so I thought I would share :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment