barn sale

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Door Decor

I mentioned last week I was wanting to go to Hobby Lobby.  I was feeling craft the day I went (those days come and go).  I was looking for something I could make to decorate my front door for Valentines.  I didn't love any of the wreaths they had.  I started thinking about this idea on Pinterest.
This looks a little more Christmasey to me than Valentinesey (yes, I made up those words).  I found some red and pink styfofoam balls that were coated in pink glitter.  I knew those were a must buy.  Then I found the pink flower for $1 and the red sign (which was $10 but I got for $6 with my 40% off coupon).  I went to the back and picked up a wooden D for $2 and was ready to go home and hot glue!  
I painted the "evine" and realized my next trip to Hobby Lobby I really need to get a real paintbrush... (I used an old eye shadow brush - ha!)
The red sign came with zebra ribbon for hanging, but I replaced it with some red I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment