I've had a couple things on my mind lately. Usually that's not a problem, but these two things have caused me to lose my temper, bite my nails, and they both fill my mind with anger, fear, or worry. I was able to share some of these things with a dear friend today. She encouraged me and reminded me that the devil is behind these feelings. She suggested I read Philiappians. This "quiet time" today spoke right to my soul and helped erase all those negative feelings I have been having the last several days.
The first verse, Philippians 2: 3-5, spoke right to situation #1. "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourself. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."
The second verse, Philippians 4: 6-7, spoke right to situation #2.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Next time you are struggling with something, I would suggest reading Philippians! Bad attitude, and worry, and anger, and fear have been replaced by a peace that passes understanding. My footnotes in my bible for the verse from Philippians 4 says, "God's peace is different from the world's peace. True peace is not found in positive thinking, in absence of conflict, or in good feelings. It comes from knowing that God is in control."
No comments:
Post a Comment