I'm weird when it comes to soups (and most other foods, if I'm being honest). I don't like a lot of liquid, which is very unsoup like. I've made vegetable soup a handful of times since being married, but it's sounded good lately so I attempted to make it again tonight. With no recipe (I've never had one), I just started tossing things in. I was plesantly surprised it met my weird, plain taste requirements :)
Vegetable Soup:
46 oz tomato juice
4C chicken broth
4C beef broth
1 box noodles (I used Barilla Ditalini and I put the whole box in b/c I like it noodly and so do the kids)
3 stalks of celery - chopped
1 can of green beans
4 big carrots- chopped
1 bag of frozen corn
2 cans of whole potatoes - sliced (with an egg slicer)
salt & pepper
* I had a couple servings of beef left over from my pot roast, and I threw that in too. I think it gave it a little more flavor! MmMmMmMmMm
I dumped all the ingredients into my biggest pan and let it cook an hour, stirring every 10-15 mins. Hayden wanted his more juicy, so next time I may cook the noodles separately so they don't drink up so much juice. Or I may only add half the box. Both kids wolfed it down and Kevin and I both liked it as well.
Also, just wanted to note I don't like celery or green beans so that's why I didn't put a lot of that in. :)
Not only did it say............celery, but your base was TOMATO juice. Who are you and what have you done with my daughter? :)
ReplyDelete