barn sale

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Soul Surfer

Kevin and I had a date night on Friday.  We hadn't been to Nagasaki in well over a year and he convinced me to splurge and go.  I'm so glad I agreed b/c the food was amazing!  Some of the best I've had there!  I could eat that salad about 5 times a day and not get sick of it..... yummy!  So back to my topic, we wanted to rent a movie to watch after we put the kids to bed.  We had several recommended to us, but we couldn't agree on a movie.  I came across Soul Surfer and I had heard buzzing about it when it was in theaters.  I thought since it wasn't a chick flick (like I wanted) or a comedy (like Kevin wanted), this was a good neutral pick. 

The movie is based on the true story of Bethany Hamilton.  I got this from her website. "At the age of thirteen, on October 31, 2003, Bethany was attacked by a 14-foot tiger shark while surfing off Kauai’s North Shore. The attack left Bethany with a severed left arm. After losing over 60% of her blood, and making it through several surgeries without infection, Bethany was on her way to recovery with an unbelievably positive attitude." One month after the attack, she was back in the water, learning how to surf again.  Amazing.  The movie also documents her trip to Thialand in 2005 after that horrible tsunami.  I really enjoyed the ending when it showed pictures and videos of the real Bethany throughout the years.  
Anna Sophia Rob plays Bethany in Soul Surfer
The surf board she was using when the shark attack happened.
Next time you're looking for a movie to rent, check out Soul Surfer.  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment