barn sale

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year

Yesterday I was thinking that 1 year from now, I will have a semester and a summer break with Hayden before he starts kindergarden!  I about passed out.  I know how fast a year can fly by!  I am so not ready for my baby boy to leave his mommy and go to school!

With that being said, I have a lot I want to do this next full year of Hayden being at home.  I feel like 2011 my mothering started to evolve into something deeper.  Instead of  being "just a stay at home mom", I felt like it was a calling, and one of the most important jobs I will have in my life.  A couple days ago I posted about the blog, Mothering From the Heart, and Audrey writes about mothering being a full time job.  She talks about how many mothers today make mothering a hobby or a part time job, when it really requires more then that.  I also listened to one of her messages that talked about the seasons of your life.  Raising children, which may take 20 some years, is a quick season in your life.  I feel like I will have many years after my kids are out of the house for a career, if that's what God has planned for my life.  I want to give God, my husband and my kids 100% of me. 

Here are some of my goals for this year:
  • Get in the habit of reading my bible daily - no excuses!
  • Read my kids the bible daily (they l-o-v-e their children's bible!)
  • Read the 8 books I got for my birthday/Christmas (Which include: Bringing up Boys, Bringing Up Girls, Dare to Discipline, The Strong Willed Child, Self Talk Soul Talk, Made to Crave, Radical, & Silver Boxes.)
  • Take a family vacation to celebrate 5 years of marriage.
  • Be a better wife, mom, & friend.
2011 had many ups and downs, but overall, it was a great year!  I'm looking forward to this next year, and I'm so thankful I'm able to be at home, where I want to be, doing what I'm called to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment