barn sale

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bass Pro Trip

Today was Kevin's last day of holiday break.  He woke up before me this morning, and when I got up, we were trying to figure out plans for the day.  I suggested we go to Bass Pro over by Louisville and do some returning/shopping/looking.  It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day so we quickly got ready, packed a few snacks and sippy cups, then hit the road!

This was our first "road trip" since we purchased our GPS and our DVD players (that fit over the seats in your car).  We were anxious to give all our new gadgets a try!  The GPS got us exactly where we wanted and we were also impressed our estimated arrival time was set an hour ahead to be in sync with Louisville time!  As for the DVD players, that may go down in history as one of my best ever Black Friday purchases!  I was never a fan on them, but since we're planning a little Florida vacation this year, Kevin convinced me we needed them for the kids.  The car ride was about an hour and a half both ways and we didn't hear a peep out of either kid!  They LOVED watching the movies!  (I think it helps my kids barely watch tv.  I will occasionally turn it on - but I think that's the biggest reason these were such a success!)

If you have never been to the Bass Pro Shop, you should go just to see all the displays and animals!  Even if you don't buy anything, it's worth a trip over!  Here are some lots of pictures from our little day trip :)
Hayden & Allie watching Cars.

Had to stop for a potty break on the way there!  Kevin kept trying to shield him from passing cars.
We stopped for lunch at Cheddars!  We knew we were going to spend a couple hours at Bass Pro and thought we'd all be happier shopping with a full belly!  Hayden showing me his antlers.
Appetizer - salsa/chips/cheese with seasoned beef
Allie was ready to eat, but not wanting to get her pic taken!  She does this now when she sees the camera b/c she doesn't like the flash! Ha!
Allie got grilled cheese
Kevin and I split the shrimp/rib meal!
Hayden got corn dogs
I had no idea how HUGE this store was!
Bear footprints on the sidewalk
Loved the words in the back... "Welcome fisherman, hunters, and other liars"
Cute otter display when you walk in

These 2 bucks were above the doors you walked in.



Allie loved all the "puppy dogs!" (Every animal is a puppy dog!)
The big aquarium
The doe standing above the aquarium getting a drink

Sitting in front of the aquarium
A big catfish!

Riding the elevator up!
Allie finally found herself a puppy dog!
Kevin & Hayden found a fishing game for a Wii.  Too bad we don't have a Wii!
Allie modeling some hats
I thought this display of full body mounted deer was so neat!  Then I saw all the HUGE deer under them and was just as impressed!  I told Kevin if he ever got a deer that big, we would hang that in our house!  (I've always told him they will be hanging in his "man cave!")



Allie walking around the store
She found some cute tackle boxes!
Our best attempt at a self-timed family picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment