barn sale

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Sweet Day

When I got in the kitchen this morning, I noticed one of my favorite little bags sitting on the counter. Kevin surprised us with Donut Bank. We'd never given Allie a donut, but he got her one this morning (and a long john for Hayden & me). Having your 1st Donut Bank donut is a big deal in the Devine house :)


She loved it!

After breakfast, we made a trip to the west-side to visit Kevin's mom. Hayden asked for a banana popsicle as soon as we walked in the door. They are packaged in pairs and Margaret asked if Allie would want to try one. She was all sugared up from breakfast so I thought what the heck, right? Turns out, Allie really likes sweet things... and I'm so surprised by this b/c I ate NO sugar when I was pregnant with her (I'm totally lying, that's practically all I ate!)



Apparently she wasn't done when I took it away...

My Uncle Ray came in town tonight and I wanted to make some cookies for our dinner get-together. I planned on making sugar cookies, but I ran out of time. I whipped up some snickerdoodles. I've never made them before, but I was armed with my mom's recipe, so I knew they'd be good. And they were. I tried 4 just to make sure.


We also discovered a hidden talent of Allies. She is quiet the musician! So glad this toy is at Mamaw's house and not mine!

1 comment: