barn sale

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Queso Sauce


When the burritos were cooking away in the crockpot, I was looking at them thinking they would be good with a queso sauce. I had a Hacienda version of queso in my mind, so I started googling some recipes. I didn't have anything to make any of the recipes I found online. So, I experimented. I took my traditional cheese sauce recipe and kicked it up a notch. I loved how this turned out! It was the perfect consistency. I wanted it somewhat runny but cheesy with a little spice to it. Here's the recipe...

My Queso Sauce

2T butter
2T flour
1C milk
8oz cheese (I used velveeta)
1/4 C sour cream
1/4 C salsa
dash of hot sauce

Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add the flour and stir well. Add milk and stir well. Let mixture sit until thickened. Once it's the consistency you like, add the cheese and reduce heat to low. Stir occassionally until cheese is melted. Add sour cream, salsa, and hot sauce. Stir well.

This is great for topping off burritos. It would also be good to dip tortilla chips into!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment