At @ 7am, 4 years ago, I woke up from a crazy dream. I had a dream that I was pregnant! I knew I wasn't, but I thought I'd take an early pregnancy test just to make sure. As soon as I peed on that thing it popped up "pregnant". Kevin was working day shift and had left at 5:30 that morning. I was just dumbfounded. I kept staring at myself and my stomach and thinking really?? There's a baby in there? My co workers had talked about trying to have babies for a year before getting pregnant. Then I thought the test may be wrong, but I googled the chances of that and realized getting a false positive is rare. So, I was a mess all day at work (I was a teller at Bank of Evansville) and that day my drawer didn't balance. I didn't want to tell my boss before I told my husband, so I just made up some excuse about being really distracted. I remember I was off by -$1000. (I ended up finding my error.)
During the morning, Kevin texted me and said one of his friends and their girlfriend had their baby girl. Odd timing. Then the same day, my mom texted me to tell me my cousin had a miscarriage. Even weirder timing. Now, can you see why I was a little distracted from counting money?
I left work about 15 mins early and ran to Babies R Us. I picked up a green bib that said "sweet pea" on it. I thought I would somehow use that when I told Kevin I was pregnant. As soon as I got home, we rushed to the hospital to see our friends new baby girl. I was SO scared! I was thinking Kevin may freak out after seeing her, say he's really not ready for kids, maybe we shouldn't have any for awhile - and then what would I do! But he didn't. As soon as we were leaving the hospital, he kept saying he couldn't wait to have kids. He "wanted one right now". I just smiled and said, "Maybe one day."
We picked up Subway for dinner. As he was eating his foot long, I quickly ate my 6 inch sub then went in the bathroom and grabbed the test I had hidden that morning. I also got the green bib out of my Babies R Us bag. Kevin was still eating when I set down next to him the bib and pregnancy test. He glanced at it, looked at me (I was crying), looked back down at the test, and said "REALLY?!?!" I managed a "yes" and he literally started bouncing off the walls. He hopped and ran from room to room, he couldn't stop smiling, he wanted to call everyone right then and tell them.... but we waited till the next day, the 28th (my brother's 21st birthday).
No comments:
Post a Comment