barn sale

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cash Organization

Generally, I don't splurge on myself forget that I just bought a big new expensive camera. This month especially, I'm very efficient when I go into a store. I get what I'm going for and walk right back out - no browsing! After figuring this weeks budget, we had a little bit of wiggle room. I had been eying this to keep my money organized. I showed it to Kevin thinking he would agree it was a wonderful idea - but he didn't. He said it was crazy to pay $30+ to keep my cash organized. I kinda agreed, but I really liked it (and still do) and don't like telling myself no. Boo. So, I told him I'd be practical. Walmart has plastic accordion organizers for $3.88. So, today I bought myself my first cash organizer! It came with pre-printed tabs I was able to turn over and personalize - the pretty cloth one doesn't have this option. Okay, that still doesn't make me like the plastic one better, but I'm working with what I have! :) I did a little color coding on the tabs to liven things up a bit. All my envelopes fit very nicely in it. It was a good buy for the money!



Here's how my tabs are organized:
Church
Food
Bills (separate envelope for each bill I pay with cash)
Clothes (separate envelopes for Hayden, Allie, Me, & Kev)
Diapers
Cat Food & litter
Hair care
Toiletries
Makeup
Doctor visits
Gifts (separate envelopes for Holidays and Birthdays)
Extra

No comments:

Post a Comment