About 2 months ago I decided to organize our "junk" drawer. I'm sure you all have one. It's the home of our rubber bands, paper clips, pens, pencils, rulers, nail polish, sticky notes, batteries and on and on. I bought a divider at Target for @ $5 (I think) and since then everything has stayed in it's place.
I've also cleaned out almost all my kitchen cabinets. It's feels good to open up your cabinets and see organization! You should try it too! Well, this is my confession. My organizing pretty much stopped at the kitchen. The kids rooms and our room, oh - and the bathrooms... they could all use a good late summer/fall cleaning. This was brought to my attention today when I had an hour to kill before church. I went to grab a bib for Allie, and this is what I saw...
Ok, stop judging me... It got better! I didn't plan on dropping everything and organizing the drawer, but I had the time so I did. I couldn't believe all the random and outgrown stuff I kept in that drawer! There were tights that were 0-6 months in there, newborn socks and bibs, aaaaand one of Kevin's socks (seriously). I took out all the outgrown stuff, and this is what was left...
Can I get an amen? I just love that when I need socks, they are right there. I don't have to pull out 10 pair that don't fit her to find 1 pair that does. And another bonus, the drawer actually closes now :)
While I was being productive today, I decided to rearrange Hayden's bedroom furniture. I hadn't really ever liked the set up, and his bed blocked the only vent in his room. It was something that needed done and today was the day it was going to get done!
Ta-da! Still wearing my dress from church, I pushed that furniture all over his room. It's better than it was, but still needs a little tweaking. Hmmm... what will I get organized tomorrow. Maybe all those stuffed animals on top of Hayden's armoire?
If you get tired of organizing at your house there is plenty left at my house!!
ReplyDeleteLooking "dood"! I'm a little sad that you don't need me to come and help you organize though :) I forgot to look at your hall closet!
ReplyDelete