barn sale

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Celebrating Tyler's 25th

This evening my parents hosted a dinner for my brother's 25th birthday. He asked mom to make fried chicken, twice baked potatoes, & broccoli casserole. I added homemade bread to the menu and was supposed to make a pumpkin cake. My cake baked funny. It had a weird line of pumpkin that didn't seem to get mixed in with the rest of the batter, so after it baked, that line of pumpkin turned to goo. Gooey pumpkin cake = nasty, so I let the trash have that one. I did, however, make the cream cheese icing. I iced mom's pumpkin cake that she whipped up once I arrived for dinner :)
The food was wonderful and we had a good time celebrating with friends and family! I feel totally spoiled and privileged that I have a mom that can out cook just about anyone! Here are some pics from the feast party.





No comments:

Post a Comment