I figured I needed to put my money where my mouth is! I keep talking about saving money, but I really don't save much when it comes to buying my kids clothes. Yes I shop sales and use coupons, and I even raid clearance sections, but I have known for months I could get a much better deal on clothes if I started garage sale shopping. This past week I made a list of the things the kids still needed for this fall/winter. And today was the day that may have started something in me! I really actually enjoyed garage sale shopping!
I have a friend that lives in Evansville and has 2 super cute little girls. They are always well dressed. She was having a sale today so I figured I'd start at her house! I got an entire bag full of clothes for Allie for $15. Then I made some other stops. I got Hayden a few shirts and Allie a couple more shirts. I really wanted to go back into Evansville and find more sales to go to, but the kids were getting tired, so I came back home. I spent $20.60 for all the clothes in the pictures below. What a deal!!! Oh, and they are all name brand! (Children's Place, OshKosh, Cater, etc.) I'm ready for some more sales next weekend!
As you can see, I snagged lots of cute summer clothes for Allie next year!
I decided if I yard sale a couple times a month, and make a list of what I need, I can be more picky about what I'm buying. And I'm not going to feel bad about being picky. If i get 1-2 things in excellent condition from each sale, no one will ever know my babies are wearing used clothes :) I'm really looking forward to this!
I love garage sales for kids clothing....so much cheaper being they don't wear them very long. Good job, Haley!
ReplyDelete