I had so many ideas of things I could blog about today! It was just a really good and productive day! So here are the highlights:
1. Went grocery shopping - which usually this isn't a highlight - but I shopped for my weeks worth of groceries and it came to a total of $48! (95% of my shopping was done at Aldi) We'll still have to get milk this week, but I'm definitely thinking we'll stay under $60! My budget is $80 so cha-ching! Taking that extra $20 and putting in our emergency fund!
2. After Aldi, I had to run into Walmart. On the way, I saved a giant turtles life! When I saw him, he was hugging the curb with his big long head sticking out. I did a U-ey and put the big guy in the grass across the road. I hope that was where he was heading and didn't feel the need to turn around and head back towards the road......... anyways I was happy I saved him! Hayden was sad I didn't let him pet the turtle.
3. When I woke up this morning I rolled out some cinnamon rolls and homemade bread. I haven't made either in months - and I realized tonight why I stopped making it so often. I can't leave it alone! I pawned some off my parents and neighbors and made Kevin take some to work, but the last 2 cinnamon rolls were staring at me after dinner, so Allie and I finished them off. I can hear the elliptical calling my name as I sit on my bum and type.
4. BIG NEWS! Allie is taking steps on her own! This really made my day! With her foot situation, (if you have no clue what I'm talking about, refer to this post: http://haleylogann.blogspot.com/2011/07/metatarsus-adductus.html) walking should help them straighten out. Kevin was also home while all this was happening so he got to experience one of her "firsts". I also managed to catch this on video (Reason #439 I love my new camera - it has a video option). Note: Please ignore the overly excited mom in the video!
5. I made a really good dinner. I cooked some chicken in my electric skillet then steamed some carrots and broccoli, and topped it off with the homemade sourdough bread (which btw was some of the best I have made - ever!) Hayden ate almost all of his dinner, which is unheard of in this house. (The only pictures I took of the bread - oops! It was eaten so fast at dinner and Kevin took what was left to work!)
6. I took the kids to feed the ducks and geese behind Cracker Barrel tonight. It's the most fun we can have for $.79. I think I love it more than the kids do! They were hungry today!



If you ever want Hayden to touch one let me know. I have 4 Red Ear Slider turtles that are still pretty small. I've had them since like march.
ReplyDelete