barn sale

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Sweet Hayden

Instagram photo of Hayden loving on Harry.
I was telling Kevin that one year from now our "little boy" will be getting ready to start kindergarten!  That's hard to imagine.  I was thinking about how sweet he is and how lucky I am to have him.  Here are some things he has done this last week...
  • He LOVES going to get the mail for me.  I'll watch him at the door and he'll turn around about 5 times and give me a thumbs up or blow me a kiss.  He actually picked a flower {ok it was a weed} for me on Saturday when he went to the mail box. 
  • While doing some shopping yesterday, he stopped me in my tracks and asked me if I wanted to dance with him.  I don't know where he's learned to slow dance, but he wants to put his hand in my hand and his other hand on my shoulder.  
  • He is my biggest helper.  Whether I ask him to pick up toys, or get something for me, he's usually willing to help his momma.
  • He is back to wearing his boots, jeans, and white tshirts every day.  He woke up one morning before I knew he was awake and dressed himself from head to toe - cowboy hat and all.  It was a cute surprise to start my day. 
  • Maybe it's because he is 4, but he tells me everything and I love it.  I enjoy all those conversations and hope they continue!
  • He copies everything I do.  If I'm making a list, he wants to too.  If I'm baking, he wants to help.  If I'm sewing, he wants to make something too.  
He is a momma's boy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and I love how sweet and amazing of a boy Hayden continues to grow in to every day/week/year.

    ReplyDelete