barn sale

Monday, August 20, 2012

Big Brother Class

Kevin and I took Hayden to the Big Brother class at the Women's Hospital last week.  He really enjoyed going.  I signed him up for the class that was ages 3-5, but they also offer a class ages 6-8.  I really wish I had taken him to the older class because he really didn't learn much he didn't already know.  None the less, it was only $10, and Kevin and I got to spend some one on one time with him, and he really enjoyed that more than the class!

The teacher was very nice and great with the kids.  She started by talking about the importance of hand washing.  Next, she showed them the right way to hold a baby.  That was the only interaction they had with their dolls and I wish they would have done more.  The older class learns how to help with baths and changing diapers, and Hayden will love helping with things like that once the baby gets here.  The only thing all 3 of us learned, that we didn't know, are the 3 colors babies can see when they are born.  (They are black, white, and red, in case you were curious!)  Next the teacher passed out binoculars to each child.  We all went to the first floor to try to find some babies.  The teacher took us all in a hospital room to show the kids where the mommies and babies would be staying.  This was about the jist of the class. 

Here are some pictures of Hayden during class :)
All the kids got to pick out a baby.  Hayden picked out the only baby wearing blue.
They sang, "This is the way we wash our hands, wash our hands, wash our hands.  This is the way we wash our hands, before we touch our baby."
He's already a pro at holding a baby.
He looooved his binoculars!
Trying out the stethoscope in the baby's crib.

Hayden got a certificate showing he had graduated the Big Brother class.

No comments:

Post a Comment