barn sale

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Exploring PhotoShop

I think it is convenient most photo editing programs offer a free 30 day trial.  When I bought my new camera last year, I considered buying an editing program then.  I just kept putting it off until now.  I downloaded a free trial of Elements 10 and CS6.  CS6 is supposed to be one of the top of the line editing programs (from what I've read).  Elements is more for photographers like myself - basic and for simple edits for an amateur photographer. 

I got frustrated with Elements 10 pretty fast.  I couldn't get the program to make the edits I wanted; which is why I downloaded CS6.  I am sure they teach classes on this editing program because there are about a million and one things you can do to edit your pictures.  I don't have a clue what 80% (ok maybe more like 90%) of the options do, and I don't understand how to use them.  I have been playing with the CS6 program more and it's been fun exploring. 

If I had to decide today I'd pick the CS6 vs Elements 10.  It is about twice as expensive, but I told Kevin I could always grow into the program.  I think I've already outgrown Elements 10 and I really don't know how to use that program. 

Here's a picture I posted last week that I played with and edited...


1 comment:

  1. what a big difference after editing

    that is a WOW!!!

    margaret

    ReplyDelete