Last week I tried a
new recipe for Chicken Enchilada Pasta. While I can't say it was my favorite dish I've ever made, there was a lot I did like about it. The recipe makes a lot of servings! I like having the option to have seconds (I'm growing a baby, don't judge) if I want it and still have plenty to pack for Kevin to take to work. It also is different from any other pasta recipe I have. I also made the recipe to a T - which means I ate red pepper and chopped chilies (gasp). They weren't bad. I couldn't really taste them, and they added nice color to the dish. The dish also had plenty of sauce. I can't stand eating pasta that needs more sauce! Extra points for the extra sauce!
 |
| Is regular enchilada sauce the same as red enchilada sauce? I guessed yes, but I still don't know the answer. |
What I didn't love about the recipe is I couldn't find all the ingredients at my Walmart (in Newburgh). Schnucks saved the day and had what I needed. We all liked the recipe but it didn't blow my socks off. I had a hard time knowing what kind of sides to pair with it. Maybe with a couple good sides, it would move up in the rankings.
I normally do something like this with a salad. Would love the recipe :)
ReplyDelete