I'm SO happy to report that after about 20 flops on pie crusts, attempts
#21 and #22 turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I made a pumpkin pie and a pecan
pie this year for Thanksgiving and both were a success! (A big success
in my book - picture worthy actually!)
After baking:
I didn't try the pumpkin, but those who did liked it. I ate the pecan pie and it was probably one of the best pecan pies I've ever had! So, let me share my recipes with you!
Here's the recipe I used for the pie crust
Here's the recipe I used for the pumpkin pie (I doubled the cinnamon)
Here's the recipe I used for the pecan pie
I think the 2 reasons I succeeded with pie crusts this time are #1 the new recipe and #2 my pastry cloth, which I blogged about here. I'd absolutely recommend them to everyone who will ever make a homemade pie crust! They are amazing!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hope you all did too!
No comments:
Post a Comment