barn sale

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Leggings

I use to be so into fashion!  I think if anyone took a looksie in my closet these days they wouldn't believe that.  My BFF Amy kept asking me if I was going to get into the legging craze.  After trying some different things on and observing how other people wear them, I decided I simply just don't like the look.  I don't think it's all that flattering.  Now when it comes to leggings with dresses and skirts and a pair of tall boots, that's not so bad.  But that's what pantyhose are for.  So I'm thinking why buy leggings if the pantyhose I have do the same job.  I've decided instead of investing my money into leggings this season, I will invest in a cute pair of flat leather boots and maybe some thicker pantyhose (which I don't foresee going out of style anytime soon).  When you're budget is limited, you want to get pieces that you can wear multiple seasons/years, and I just don't think the legging look, paired with ballet flats and a big chunky sweater will be around for several years.   

*Note* This doesn't apply to kids and babies.  I think little girls look so darn cute in leggings and Allie will get a pair or two!

Exhibit A - why leggings aren't my thing.

These pantyhose look SO much better and the outfits look more put together.



No comments:

Post a Comment