barn sale
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Nativity
I decided this year I wanted a new nativity set. The one I have is so little, and I really want a bigger nativity scene to be placed somewhere in our house that's seen frequently. Here's the problem. The selections of nativity scenes are limited- to say the least. I walked up and down Hobby Lobby's Christmas isles (there are probably 15 isles) and I found a tiny selection of nativity sets in one of the last isles. I mean the whole reason for Christmas is to celebrate Christs birth, so why is it so hard to find something depicting that?! And Hobby Lobby is a more "Christian" store than most (they play church music, they are closed on Sundays, etc). Some of my other favorite places to shop, like Pier 1 and Target had zero selection in their stores (although Target.com has several choices). I really think it's sad that Christmas cards, and trees, and gift wrap, and ornaments, and Christmas crafts, and stockings and tree skirts and wreaths and literally EVERYTHING else is more available than a simple nativity set.
Labels:
Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go on over to Family Christian Bookstores - I get their flyers in the mail and I think they have a good selection of them - even kid friendly one's too!
ReplyDeleteA neat idea is to set it all up - but don't put baby Jesus in the stable until Christmas morning!!