barn sale

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

#20

Ever since doing "Am I Messing Up My Kids" by Lysa TerKeurst, and meeting some wonderful women in my DOK class, I've had my eyes opened.  It's easy to take something that was so easy for me and Kevin, like having our 2 kids, for granted.  We had 2 very easy pregnancies and deliveries with the only "complication" being Hayden was 10lbs 6oz.

With that being said, I just saw on facebook this afternoon that the Duggars were expecting their 20th child.  I have so much admiration for that family.  Hayden and I use to watch their show after I put Allie to bed.  He loved it and I did too!  I felt like I got several really good parenting tips from Michelle.  I am amazed at her level of patience - and Jim Bobs too for that matter.  They really have their priorities straight - and I am genuinely happy for them.  They are doing what the Lord has called them to do.  They are being a witness to anyone who watches their show.  They are painting a wonderful picture of what a family that lives for the Lord looks like.  They whole heartedly trust in what the Lord says about providing for their needs.  They believe every child is a blessing.  It's so easy to get caught up in what the world things about kids, but I can't find any fault in their ways.

I read this article several months ago and just really appreciated the truth to its content.  Everyone should read it!  It talks about the worlds view of children.  It really was eye opening.

Here's a link to Michlle and Jim Bob talking about baby #20.

1 comment: