Usually I spend my free time reading new blogs and catching up on my favorites. Today I stumbled across a neat blog. Marybeth Whalen writes for Proverbs 31 Ministries and I really enjoy her devotions. One of her posts last week was titled "The Simple Woman's Daybook" and it just gave you a quick glance into her life... I really enjoyed reading it! I decided to start my own, but call it a "Mid-Month Update". Since my life is far less exiting than hers, I figured I could come up with something to write about monthly rather than weekly.
Here goes Novermber's Mid Month Update:
Outside my window . . . sunny and 50s and windy - Brrrr!
I am thinking . . . of all I should be doing around the house and what I need to prepare for our Thanksgiving festivities.
I am thankful for . . . healthy kids. Lately it's been day by day - but today they are healthy!
From the kitchen . . . I see 2 baskets of laundry sitting on my counter that need to be put away.
I
am wearing . . . Old Gap jeans that are to big, a pink Old Navy short sleeve shirt and a light blue Old Navy Fleece.
I am creating . . . Thanksgiving and Fall crafts for the kids in my MMO class. I love having kids at home that can be my craft guinea pigs!
I
am going . . . to Walmart when Kevin gets home from hunting today. *Saying a little prayer that Bambi's dad walks by Kev today so he won't have to spend anymore time in the woods!*
I am wondering . . . if I've done enough for Kevin's birthday tomorrow. I'm usually over the top on birthdays, but his just snuck up on me this year.
I
am reading . . . my bible. I have a list of about a dozen books I want to read and I'm hoping to get into that group after Thanksgiving! (Most are Christian parenting books).
I am hoping . . . to get a pedicure in the very near future! My poor toes need some holiday cheer!
I am looking forward to . . .Seeing some wild animals and getting my picture with them at the circus next week!
I am hearing . . . silence. The kids and cats are napping.
Around
the house . . . there are cracker crumbs, shoes, toys - all calling my name to be picked up. But hey, all the pukey laundry is done!
One of my favorite things . . .is decorating for Christmas - and we've already started! While I was putting up a big tree in our family room, Hayden was jumping up and down screaming, "I LOVE THIS DAY!"
A
few plans for the rest of the week . . . Mothers Morning Out tomorrow, Make Kevin some birthday cupcakes, Kevin's birthday dinner in the evening (he hasn't decided where we'll go) and probably church on Saturday night.
Pondering these words . . . “The truth might hurt, but the truth also heals.”
No comments:
Post a Comment