barn sale

Thursday, April 19, 2012

*Feedback Week* Day 4


I love traditions!  LOVE them!  I want our kids to look back fondly at how we spent these days.  Here are our top four things we do as a family all summer long:
  1. Go fishing
  2. Eat (Roy Boy) snow cones (usually a couple times a week)
  3. Feed the ducks and geese
  4. Walk by the river
I'd love some inexpensive ideas for fun things to do this summer!  I asked Kevin if he could build me a lazy river in the backyard so I could float on a raft for half the summer, but he wasn't wild about the idea (actually he thought I was kidding, but I wasn't).... We bought season passes to Holiday World last year, but we really didn't use them as much as we anticipated.  Maybe in 5 years, when our kids are older, that's something that would be more fun for them (and us parents!).  I'm open to suggestions so suggest away~

2 comments:

  1. Here are my suggestions: Go to local fairs, parades and festivals, buy a pass to Newburgh pool (they have a fun, shaded playground where you could eat a picnic lunch), go to VBS, make yummy cool treats with the kids, go to a farmer's market, visit the library a lot, go to chick-fil-a regularly, and get your double stroller ready to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the library! We have a fantastic library here in Chandler and my girls look forward to the summer reading program every year. We also visit the Boonville Splash Park alot (free also). Henderson has a little splash area on their riverfront too. CMoe has free family nights the first Thur of every month from 5-8pm. We get season passes to Holiday World each year. My kids know to expect them as Christmas gifts for the following summer. They are their cheapest if you buy by the first week of October for the following year. We also have a summer feeding program here at Chandler where all kids 18 and under have lunch (and some years breakfast) for free. My girls love to go up to the school and eat every day.

    ReplyDelete