Last Friday morning, my day started the same as it always does. I got up, put in my contacts, and checked my email. I decided to check my facebook too because I was up early and I knew I had some time before the kids got up. As I was checking my news feed, I saw one of my friends, Shelly, posted a picture of a puppy she was fostering named Joey. (The picture is below).
It was love at first sight for me! I immediately texted Kevin (who was on his way home from work) a picture of him and asked if I could get more information about him. Kevin said yes! When Kevin got home I was still waiting to hear back from Shelly, but Kevin thought this was Shelly's new puppy - he didn't realize the puppy was a foster pup looking for a home. As soon as he found out the puppy could be ours, he got really excited (texing me non stop throughout the day!). I tried to go about my day as usual, but I was dying to know what we needed to do to make him ours!
To make the situation even more weird, in the last month, I've probably told a dozen people we weren't going to get a dog this summer (like we had planned)! We knew our Florida trip was coming up, and about the time we get home, I'll be entering my third trimester. I know my energy goes back down a bit and I didn't want to over due it. Little Joey was the exception. His description said he loved animals and people, loved to snuggle, and
loved car rides. One of the things Kevin's said over and over is he
wants a dog that will ride in his jeep with him. We felt like Joey
was just meant to be part of our family. We made sure we had some options for a pet sitter (for Florida) before we turned in our application for him.

The only problem is we were one of several families interested in Joey and we had no guarantee that he was going to be ours. That day we found out about him, we went to PetSmart and got
everything we needed for a new pup - just in case he came to live with us - and because we are just antsy people like that! We also were able to go visit him after our PetSmart trip on Friday night. We all fell in love with him - which we knew was bound to
happen! We waited several days, trying not to get our hopes up (maybe even stressing out a bit on my part), but today, on day 5, the wait was over! Shelly sent me a message and said, "You're approved!... He's yours now!" I immediately told the kids that the puppy we went to visit was coming to live with us. Hayden was SO excited! He was saying "YAY" over and over. Allie was saying "Yay puppy dog"!
This is my first dog - ever! Kevin had several in and out during his childhood, but he hasn't had one in years. We know some people think we're crazy, but I keep telling Kevin not to listen to the nay sayers! We only live once! The kids are thrilled and we are excited to give this puppy a forever home! (The cats may not be so thrilled....at least not yet) We already love our new furry addition and I'm sure he'll be featured in LOTS more blog posts in the future :) Oh yea, and Kevin renamed him TJ. Here are some pictures from his first few hours home!
 |
| Hayden trying out TJ's new bed. His idea, not mine! |
 |
| Some doggy supplies! |
 |
| TJ's foster parent's - Shelly & Chris (She's been grrrrreat at answering all the doggy questions I have!) |
 |
| Harry checking out TJ when we first got home. |
 |
| TJ eating dinner. |
 |
| Hayden telling me TJ was HIS puppy! |
 |
| Hayden showed him ALL his toys as soon as we got home. I think TJ was a little overwhelmed! |
 |
| TJ meets Holeshot - Hisssssss |
 |
| Playing outside |
 |
| He was really interested in eating the bark off the tree! |
 |
| He has half a blue eye. He's got the cutest, fuzziest puppy head! |
 |
| Kevin is smitten with TJ. |
LOVE IT! He is so cute, so excited for you guys and the kids!!
ReplyDelete